Friday, December 22, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Dec.15

[undated probably around Dec. 15, 1967]
Dear Family,

Hi!  Well only six more days!  All I can say it that I hope I dream tonight tomorrow will come sooner and if tomorrow comes sooner tomorrow night will come sooner and so on and so forth till next WEDNESDAY!  When I won't have to do any English & Biology & Bible & Art & History for a whole two weeks!  Notice I left Geometry out!  Mainly because I HAVE to study it!  ICK!

I now have a private little old tutor in Geometry.  Pretty Classy, huh?  Pretty stupid too! (me)  I tried to change over to Algebra but that didn't work so – now look what I'm stuck with!  We meet for 1 hour every night.  Tonight is the first night we met and also the first time I got all my Geometry done and understood!  So!  I guess there are advantages!

Still!!! Uncertain about getting home and with only six days away I better just plan on taking the bus!  Unless I should have to hitch-hike because of lack of some green stuff!  Don't get me wrong – I really wouldn't mind hitch-hiking – also wouldn't mind having "green stuff" go to rot with bus fare & Christmas just around the bend.

OH!  Ron (the cook) has now developed double pneumonia – which I guess is worse than the stuff just plain.  And – has resigned.  I understand he was going to anyway because he likes the idea of being able to use more money when cooking so the stuff would be worth eating which he couldn't do here.  So now Teacher Nan, Teacher Jane & about all the women teachers especially Bertha Coppe are taking turns.  Also two men teachers are leaving which will mean the school will have to hire some more.

So!!  If you see some young (would also help to be a teacher!) man who wants to hear 68 bells during the day and likes fresh bread – you can send him here!  HA!

We got another new student for the boy who just dropped out.

Really got to go – did you get my post-card I wrote this morning during collection?  – Um!

Love,
Berta!

PS  Hey!  Just think of me as a dumb illiterate person!  Then my grades will sound better!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album