Thursday, December 21, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter to MV -Dec.13

December 13, 1977
Dear Mary Virginia,

The tear at the top of the page is meant to add class to the paper, not to look like I just tore off some bad typing . . . just thought I better tell you, or you might just get the wrong idea!!!!

Your typing is much improved!!  Just learn the right way to do it, when you are learning.  If something is learned the wrong way in the beginning – it's hard to change . . . so . . . .  Had anyone told me when I was in high school that someday I would be typing for a living, I would have really had a good laugh!!!

I'm anxious to hear more details of the bowling on Sunday.  It must have been a riot!  We went that night, but didn't get a lane, after waiting an hour.  It was disgusting!!!  We won't go back there again, it isn't where we usually go anyway.  I might get a pair of shoes, if I used them enough they would pay for themselves.  Besides it is embarrassing to ask for a size 9 in mens everytime.

We had alot of good laughs in your letter, but we are wondering who is spreading the rumors in Chelea (sp?)  Mr. Ream sent Marion a list of suggestions that were brought up in the meetings of the farm.  It seemed full of cuts . . . like anyone interested in going on the trips from the farm will be able to go in future years . . . .  that all materials used for farm programs will be paid for by the farm . . . that there would be office help to stay for the entire summer .. . . that there should be a wheelchair ramp built.

Here it is Thursday afternoon . . . it seems this has been in my purse for the last two days . . .  it was good talking to you all again this morning . . . seems like you all are getting ready to come West.  What will you be doing in January as far as school goes????

As far as the job goes that I've applied for . . . it is for bookstore manager in one of the new junior highs that will be opening up January 16th . . . for second semester.  It would mostly be working by myself, and of course with students and teachers . . . all books are issued and collected through the bookstores, like when a student withdraws, or at the end of the semesters.  Also they sell all sorts of stuff from t-shirts to pencils, typing paper, etc.  It would be a ten month contract  The last day to apply was Monday – the reason I had put it off is because you are supposed to have book-keeping experience  So I checked a book out of the library and called that experience.  I'm going to wait it out till tomorrow and then I'm calling John Sherman's office (head of personnel) and ask them when I can come in for my interview.  I haven't told anyone here that I've applied – as if I do't get the job, it might make it kinda uneasy.

Better go . . . . .

Just "hit" me!  You all are leaving N.V. Monday – Hello Serena!

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album