Saturday, November 04, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter -Nov.3


Thursday morning
November 3, 1977

Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Well, Mother it was good talking to you on the phone the other morning.  We are certainly looking forward to seeing you all at Christmas time.  It won't be too long now.  Have you any ideas on what you might like for Christmas?  We'll try not to make it too bulky since you will have to take it home with you.

We got our bean bag lounger this week.  (The word bulky reminded me of it.)  It is really big although fairly light weight so it isn't hard to move around.  It is really comfortable and fills up the empty corner of our living room very well.  As you can see from the pictures we moved the furniture around since you were here, Mother.

Gerry called the insurance company to find out why they only paid us $135 toward the Dr's bill instead of the $350 we figured they should pay.  They checked their records and discovered that by mistake they had paid us the benefits of a miscarriage instead of a normal pregnancy.  So they are gong to send us $215.  I guess it is a a good thing Gerry called – the girl said otherwise the mistake wouldn't have been discovered.  The anesthesiologist bill came to $175.  Can you believe that?  If he had told me that ahead of time I would have said forget it.  I can stand a lot of pain for $175.

This is the last of this note paper.  I appreciate your leaving it for me.

Wendy has gotten herself on a fairly regular schedule.  She wakes up about 6 and nurses and goes back to sleep fairly quickly until 10, nurses, then usually we go for a walk, she nurses again at 1, stays awake for awhile, sleeps for maybe an hour, has some juice, nurses at 4, sometimes we go for another walk after that feeding.  She's awake then until she has her cereal between 6 and 7 and then she nurses again before she goes to bed between 9 and 10.  Sometimes she is still a little fussy when I put her to bed but if I turn her on her back for a few minutes and then back on her stomach again she seems to quiet herself down.

We are having some of our things sent out which we had left in Maine.  So far we have gotten two boxes (I think we had about 8 which we left there) and it is sort of like Christmas opening the boxes and finding things which we had forgotten we had.  In the first two boxes I got my diaries and scrapbook as well as some table clothes and a long dress (robe) which I had gotten in Africa.  Gerry got some sweaters, a pair of pants, his winter underwear (it's been in the 80's the last three days) and some gloves.

Well, I assume that we will be getting a letter from you either today or tomorrow since you said you were writing one.  I did want to get this off though – so you might get it before Sunday if the mail goes fast enough.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album