Saturday, November 18, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter to John -Nov.17

November 17, 1977
Dear John,

Everyday I get to work early so I can write one letter and this morning is your morning,  Doesn't it make you feel good????   I called home on Sunday trying to find out more about the Christmas holidays and you and the family's final plans, but don't know anymore since I made the call.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here, a week from today I will wake up and be in San Diego.  It seems like a long time since I was there last, and when we were there we were there for such a short period of time.

I have written the family and told them and will tell you the same . . . . I have decided that I do not want the Granada out here.  For as little as I would use it, I much prefer to let you keep it.  Besides I hear that you got the oil changed on it.  Good to hear that you are taking care of the car.  If you would like to have car in your name, I'd be willing to make a really good deal for you.

Did Sally and Annie call you?  We haven't heard from them, since the Yankees won the world series.  What all did they have to say?  From talking to them, did you find out how the dogs are doing?   You know I got to meet the dogs when I was in New York after the season, and they just seemed like dumb dogs to me.

Did I tell you that we had supper with Ella, remember her from the farm?  She really is a neat lady.  Her son and his family live out here in Scottsdale, and her grandchild goes to the school that Marion teaches in.  They live in a super-duper house . . . . . . kind of like . . . . gee . . . . I can't even think of a comparable house around New Vienna.  It's got the sunken living room, and its so big, has swimming pool, etc.  Ella says she thinks they are living in debt, which she finds kinda upsetting.  We told her that we would not be back, and she said she sure hoped you would be coming back.

Work is going fine.  The only thing that bothers me is that I don't have one person I'm really accountable to, but instead I've got six different ladies, and also the vice-principal that keep giving me things to do.  Sometimes that gets pretty hectic and it's hard to please all, if you know what I mean.  But, then my day is full of variety so I enjoy that.  There is a big bond issue to be voted on this coming week, the biggest in the state of Arizona.  Our school will benefit the most from it so of course it's discussed alot, and all kinds of people have been checking up on it.

11/21  You will be home!  Hello to All!  Love, Berta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album