Sunday, November 19, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter -Nov.17

Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  I haven't gotten a letter from you all in quite awhile so I'll probably get one today after I mail this.  Roberta called us – I think it was Monday – I guess I spilled the beans about the Buick but you were right about it being Marion who bought it.

Mother, do you remember the girl upstairs who was pregnant?  She had a 7 lb. 14 oz. boy on Monday.  She was two weeks overdue.  I guess she is supposed to come home from the hospital today.  So now Wendy will have a playmate. Supposedly they are to move out within a month but they are not anxious to move so we'll see how it turns out.

We went to an open hose at DeeDee's school last night.  She has a really nice school – it was built about two years ago.  We got to meet some of her friends, her teacher, principal, etc.  They also had packets of their school work fixed up for the parents to look at.  DeeDee was kind of hurt though because the teacher had put pictures of pilgrims that the children had drawn around the room but she didn't put DeeDee's up.  Wendy didn't seem too impressed with her first visit to a school classroom.

Wendy is eating three meals a day now with cereal & egg for breakfast & supper and meat and vegetables for lunch.  She is nursing about five times a day and is also taking her juice and water much better.  I bought a different kind of nipple – playtex natural action type – and maybe that has made a little difference.  So far her favorite kinds of juice are orange and apple-cherry.  She isn't so wild about apple-grape.  Today she is having prune-orange.  She had a little before breakfast and seemed to take it real well.  She's had corn, peas & green beans – and corn is definitely her favorite although she ate the others OK.  The only kind of meat she has had is chicken so I can't say on meat yet.  We did buy her some turkey & sweet potatoes so she can have a real Thanksgiving dinner.

Speaking of Thanksgiving dinner I think we will be eating at home and getting together with some other people here at the apartment so we can share in the cooking and eating – makes for more variety and more of a holiday spirited meal.  We had thought DeeDee would be spending the day with her Mother but her Mother doesn't seem to have anything planned so I guess she will be coming over here after all.

Wish we had more of those Ohio golden grimes apples.  Ever since Grandma was here and made apple sauce I haven't been able to live without it!  I make a batch every week and eat it on toast, in yogurt, on oatmeal, cookies, etc.  I'm not so gung-ho on cottage cheese anymore or I'd be eating it with that too.

The whole letter seems to be about food!  I've been watching the scales so I can try not to gain back the weight I lost!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album