Tuesday, November 07, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter - Nov.6

November 6, 1977
Dear Family,

Hi!  Just got back from Church & now have the day ahead of me because it's only 10:30 – went to the early service.  More & more out of state cars around – the winter people are coming!

I have made my reservation to go to S. Diego – leaving on the night flight Wednesday night and returning on the night flight Saturday night.  Because of work, etc. didn't want to fly in late Sunday night – and the day flights Sunday are filled.

Called Catherine & Gerry Friday night – and they seemed glad I'm coming – we joked about her writing the Bruces – a timely letter just before Thanksgiving.

It might come around that I can have the week off between Christmas & New Years – I'm working on the idea now ––

When do you plan to get out here?  Marion is leaving Wednesday, Dec. 21st, so try to get out here before she leaves – so she says!  Would you like me to make motel reservations – or what?  Marion says you are welcome to stay here – but that is up to all of you.

Mary Virginia – how is school going?  How many days will you miss over Christmas?

I'm selling the Buick – which might come as a surprise.  The bike is all fixed up & I'll ride it back & forth to work.  Sooner or later I'll need a car – but for now – the bike is fine.

I've been looking for a new pair of shoes – Millers – of course they are hard too find – especially my size.

Mom – I would like your yogurt recipe w/all details.  When you come out – I'd like all my cookbooks.

Winter is here – tonight I could see my breath – but it was up to 71º today ––

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album