Thursday, November 16, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter -Nov.14

NOVEMBER 14, 1977
Dear Family,

It was good to talk to all of you yesterday, even though I don't know anything more about your Christmas plans than before.  I am going to start hinting around today about the week between Christmas and New Year's.  As of yet, I'm not sure what I'll be doing that week work wise.  If I can't get the whole week off, at least I'll put the day off I have for New Years, and the day off I have for Christmas, and have another day in San Diego.  As to goIng to San Diego, I will just go with you all, when ever you all get here.  If you are just going to stay one night, I strongly recommend just staying at Marions she has plenty of room and wouldn't mind in the least, yoU all staying.  (also she won't be there -- ha, ha)

As to the car, I don't want to have it out here, or should I put it differently, I would rather John have the use of it for now.  I kinda like being without a car, of course, having a car to use, when necessary is nice though.  Rene, Marion's neighbor, bought this old 67 beat up Datsun, it rides like a tractor they keep teasing me that they got it for John, that they knew how much he would like it.  The car is one continuous dent, and the seats all have big holes in them . . . just what John would enjoy driving . . . .

It's time I get back to work for now, so will add more later

4:10 PM
We are going out to eat tonight – at Ella's family – they live in the super rich part of Scottsdale – Ella thinks they are super in debt!  Mary Va. she wanted me to be sure & tell you HI.

We went to see the move "Oh God" – it was kinda funny.  George Burns played God – I guess if anyone could – he could – John Denver was also in it.

I'm watching my usual amount of T.V. – very little.  Maybe it's because Marion is such a sports fan (all types) and lately it seems that is alot!  (Basketball & football)  She has 2 T.V.'s though – I do like Alice & watch it alot.  You know it's supposedly filmed in Phoenix.

Your letters came today – Thanks – alot of good reading material – in return I'm sending an article that was in yesterday's (Sunday) Magazine section of the paper – Mesa Central has alot of different things going – Next Tuesday (22nd) there is a 30(0?) million dollar bond levy to be voted on – here in Mesa – the biggest one ($ wise) ever to be in the state.  We hope to get a new building for Spec. Education – also alot of remodeling to be done –

Again – I want the car to remain in Ohio – hate to get all those miles on it – bringing it out – plus if John had the oil changed ––

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album