Saturday, November 25, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter - Nov.23

Wednesday morning
November 23, 1977
Dear Mom, Dad, Mary and John (?),

Hi!  I doubt that I will do much letter writing tomorrow so I thought I'd get this off to you today.  We were disappointed that Roberta won't be coming for Thanksgiving but I can understand her wanting to go to San Francisco.  We'll miss her.  We decided not to eat out for Thanksgiving and also not to go in with the "community" for dinner.  Instead Frank and Elma are coming over here for dinner.  They are fixing the Turkey and the stuffing and we are supplying everything else – cranberry sauce, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, corn, rolls & pie.  I forgot salad – I'm making that kind with lime jello, pears, cream cheese and nuts.  We have ordered two pies from House of Pies – pumpkin and cherry.  I went down there yesterday to sample the pumpkin to make sure it was good enough to go with our dinner.  It passed the test!  We should have a real feast.  DeeDee was sick yesterday – flu, I guess – but we are i hopes she will be fully recuperated by tomorrow so she can enjoy dinner with us.

DeeDee is really excited about going to Canada.  It is still a month before they leave but she knows what she's going to wear, when the plane leaves, when it gets there, what they are going to do when they first get there, and then what they are going to do the first day, the second day, etc.  I don't know if she has what they are going to eat planned out too or if she is leaving that up to her Grandmother!

Wendy has been sleeping more lately and eating less.  She falls asleep in the middle of her breakfast and sometimes during her lunch too.  She has been sleeping all night without any trouble and taking 3-4 hour naps in the morning and the afternoon.  Then at night she has a tremendous amount of nervous energy and it takes awhile to get her calmed down enough to go to sleep.

I got a six month subscription to the Sanford Star so we'd hear more news of Sanford.  It comes out once a week – on Wednesday.  the Nov. 2nd issue came on the 16th and Nov. 9th issue arrived on the 17th.  We usually hear from someone in Gerry's family – usually his sister – every two weeks or so but she doesn't keep us up on the local news too well.

Well, I better finish this off, I want to try to get the apartment cleaned up a little today so it looks a little less cluttered for the big holiday! 

I'll probably be talking to you before you get this but hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album