Monday, November 06, 2017

1967 Catherine's letter to Serena -Nov.5


November 5, 1967

Dear Serena,

Hi!  Just in case you thought I might have forgotten you, this letter is to remind you that your beautiful intelligent, talents, (I could go on, but I don't want to make you feel too inferior) oldest sister is still existing and after you finish reading this letter you will owe me one!  Get the point?

How are you doing in the choir?  Do the people actually sit and listen to you sing or do they jump up and run out when you start?

How is school going?  Have you reclassified your subjects since you got your report card?  The last I heard you had them rated like this:

  • Science : TERRIBLE
  • English : LOVELY
  • Reading and Spelling : So-So
  • Math : little better than So-So
  • History : worse than So-so
  • Band : Terribly hard
How were the grades? Or shouldn't I ask?

I hope you made it home all right and enjoyed playing fish pond, or whatever it is you do at the Halloween Carnival!

I haven't forgotten that I promised you could stay in the dorm the next time you come.  What's new in Old Vienna?  Or should it be what's old in New Vienna?

Everything is just wonderful here except that I keep spending more and more time studying, less and less time sleeping, and the grades just keep going down.

Only 50 days until Christmas!  We have four inches of snow on the ground today!  I guess winter has really arrived now!

Well, don't do anything drastic while I'm gone!  WRITE SOON!  OR I MIGHT FORGET ABOUT THAT PROMISE ! ! ! ! !

Love, 
Cathy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album