Tuesday, November 28, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Nov.28

[about 11/28/67]

Dear Family!

Hi!  Just got done flunking two tests!  Wow!  They were both for English.  One a Vocab & Grammar and the other one on Kim!  I sure am glad we are done with that junkie book.  Anything can't be as bad as that.

We got back about 10:20 last night.  Everyone was quiet and the whole place dark.  One of my room-mates met me at the door.  I guess they had tried to call; but while they were talking to the operator Leslie came down and told them to get in the room because the bell had rung.  They told her they were trying to call me and I guess she told them I was on my way back already.

Scott – the boy from Cinn. left school this morning for good.  (Yes, John, that's the hippie!)  Rick – the boy who got off the bus in Dayton and then was found in Chicago is now back at school after being gone over three weeks.  There are two boys that will be leaving soon and also a girl.  The boys might stay till the end of 1st semester but from all I hear I sort of doubt it.

Well, I really should be going.  Got something that needs done – for instance studying – Ick!  I hate to study!  Catherine finally admitted it too!

Thanks alot for the past weekend. Remember my prescription costs $6.00 – which is a pretty big hunk out of the $10.00  (HAVE THE HINT!?!)  I'm going to look downtown Satudray for a TALL navy blue skirt.  They had some in Kirks for half off – that's about $5.00 or so.  and $5.00 & a little more for a skirt and $6.00 for pills really does a good job of using up $10.00.  Hint! Hint!

Thanks for the food.  John, the cookies were great!  Helen's picture too John please send it; she is looking forward to it.

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album