Sunday, November 12, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter to Catherine -Nov.9

11/9/67
Dear Catherine,

Hi!  I got your letter written on gold today.  Gee – thanks!  Did you really like the pj's?  I was going to make a dress out of the material but I didn't want to put a zipper in so I just got something simple.  They sure were easy to make.  I think I'll make some for Serena for Christmas or something

How was your exam in P.E. Don't exams almost make you sick?  They sure do me!

This cute little reading program costs a big $75.00 started yesterday, which dad & mom so kindly paid so I could take it.  So far we have just answered all these questions like age, sex, name, parent's name, occupation, what you like to read, what you don't like to read, hobbies, magazines we read, and so on & so fourth.  I tell you it's more like the state police.  We've had 2 sessions out of 25 so far so boy they sure do rook you!  It meets 5 days a week – for 5 weeks an hour each time.  Boy – I sure hope this is worth it.

This Friday night the girls ask the boys to the social.  It's all pretty dumb because all the girls don't know who to invite and by the time they finally get up their nerve all the good ones are already gone. 

I asked Dan Osborn, of course, have you even seen him?  He's the tallest boy in the soph. class, a high 6 foot 1 inch and 1/2!  Wow!  I am 1 year and 18 days older than him but he said he didn't care if I didn't.  So!  I (of course) don't care.

This one crazy (?) boy didn't come back after forced weekend.  He's from Minnesota, but went to Richmond, Indiana for the weekend.  Well, on the way back he gets off the bus in Dayton and now 2 days later the police are still looking.  He had been in a lot of trouble here at school and was (by no means) an angel.  He got caught in the pool-hall (which is strictly forbidden to us) and was also found smoking.  In general he was a pretty queer kid.  He kept "boasting" of being on drugs and how many times the police have had him.  He supposedly is with a "hippie" now which makes him probably feel in cloud #9.  Wow.  What a kid!  Well, got to go.  Do write.

Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album