Wednesday, October 12, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter to MV -Oct.10

Mr. and Mrs. Gerry E. Morgan
Apartment Y
4025 Cherokee Avenue
San Diego, California 92104

October 10, 1976

Miss Mary Virginia Uible
Post Office Box 50
New Vienna, Ohio  45150

Dear Miss Uible:

In response to your recent letter we have this to say:  "Aloha!"  Yes, it was nice to talk to you.  I'm not sure if Roberta ever stopped laughing or not.  She laughs alot.

How was your barn party?  Where was it?  Did you go on a hay ride?

I will give your letter to Roberta as soon as I see her.  She moved out yesterday morning, we had lunch with her yesterday noon, and then we came home in the afternoon and there was the letter from you.

It has been really hot here the past few days – like up in the 80's and 90's.  Today it was so hot we decided to go swimming but the water in the swimming pool was chilly so we only stayed in for a little while.

Please tell Mom & Dad that I finally got Joe's picture fixed up so that I can hang it on the wall.  It looks really good.  Roberta doesn't like it very much.  I guess it is what you would call abstract art if you know what that is.  Do you have Joe's new address in Saudi Arabia?  If so, please send it to me.

We took Deedee bowling this afternoon.  When you come out we'll have to go bowling with you.  They have bowling with the big balls out here.  I'm just beginning to get used to it.

Have you heard anything more about your possible job at Hudson Guild Farm next summer?  I think Roberta got a letter from somebody at Hudson Guild named Curtis Ream.  Is he the one that runs the place?

Well, write to us again soon.  It is always nice to hear from you plus that I'll try to write you back so that you will get some mail.

Sincerely,

Love, Cathy & Gerry

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album