Saturday, October 29, 2016

1976 Roberta's Letter -Oct.31

Oct 31, 1976
"Trick or Treat"

Hi!
Sure was good to have "off" today – especially from canvassing!!  The telephone job I don't mind – in fact enjoy it – but canvassing is no picnic!!

The Morgans & myself ate out tongiht – fish place – was good – waiters & waitresses in costume!

Gerry talked to one of his wife's (1st) relatives about getting me on at Sears.  After canvassing –I'm grabbing at help in this tough job market!

While we were out – Mrs. Bruce called – I had written her a note after talking w/ her.

Dad, hope you had a nice birthday.

I've still got 1 more bill coming – but here is a start – sorry to say!  I'm enclosing the info sheet from hospital – I'm able to use thumb more & more – kept splint on just 1 week 3 days – when I had to go back out job hunting it came off!  Out here employers don't need any discouragement.

Back to canvassing tomorrow – I hate to quit – sure hope I get fired soon –––

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album