Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1994 Sid Letter -Jan.30

This January 1994 letter from Sid is partially condensed and transcribed below.

January 30, 1994
Dear Harold and Jean,

I want to thank you for your most generous birthday check.  I am glad that the "94" refers to the year, not my age.  Thanks very much; it makes the inevitable birthday far more enjoyable.

I walked the canal today and Roberta talked [walked and possibly talked too] to Metrocenter a couple of times. 

I am busy getting out my bi-monthly NARFE newsletter.

We are certainly looking forward to the Estes Park reunion [of both the King and the Uible/Horton family].

It's about time to feed my cats.  One or our residents, Grace Clark, takes great enjoyment in feeding our resident Tom; i.e., Gorgeous George.  She was quite dismayed a few days ago when he appears at her doorstep with a lacerated ear.  Roberta feels her interest in pets has brought about a definite improvement in her condition.  She is 92.  

Again, I want to thank you all for the birthday check and Christmas check and gifts.  They are much appreciated and will be put to good use.

With love, Sid

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album