Thursday, October 01, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter to John -Oct.11


 Oct. 11, 1970

Dear John,

Thanks alot for your letter yesterday.  I'm glad you had such a nice birthday.

Yesterday Pam and I went out job-hunting.  Pam is a friend of mine, loud & noisy just like me.  We left at 8:30 and got back about 11:00.  Then we left again after lunch and stayed out till about 3:00.  I've got a job at a real fancy, classy restaurant.  I'll be working probably on Saturday & Sundays and 1 evening per week.  A lady is to call me about the hours.

I've also got a chance at two other jobs.  I'm to go back there and see but if & since I got the job at Bowman's I won't go back unless the lady doesn't call me.

The lady told me I had to have a uniform, she is very picky.  No perfume she says some customers don't like that, etc. etc.

I found a "stamp" paper the other day so I cut some articles out of it that I thought you might like.

I'm glad you finally got your t-shirt.  I thought it would take awhile before you would get it.

It's pretty good that your den chief!  Tell Rita Naylor to write me if you can remember.

Well, be sure and write soon.  Tell everyone I said hello.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album