Wednesday, October 21, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Oct.31

 

Oct. 31, 1970

Dear Family,

Happy Halloween!  I hope you all are fine.  Today it is alot warmer and nicer outside.  We juts got back from Salem about 1:00 this afternoon from Salem.

This campus almost folds up every week-end.  I stayed all night last night with Judy and then got up and had another big breakfast -- We didn't even have any lunch.  Of course - breakfast wasn't over till about 11:00.  Supper is in about 20 minutes -- I'm getting hungry.  Saturday nite supper is always good -- steak - etc.

My room-mate is gone for the week-end.  She has to take her dirty clothes home and let her mother wash them.  Her mother is scared to death Mary won't get enough Vitamin A or C -- it's all very funny.

Pam wants me to come to her house for Thanksgiving.  She lives in Tacoma, Washington.  I've got some pictures I will send you all of my friends, etc.

We all went to the airport last night.  I got my "we try harder" buttons there.

I'm getting alot of good out of the Bible dictionary I bought.  I did buy "Ungers".  It's suppose to be one of the best.

How is Grandma?  Could you all find my boots?

Vanessa's dad got laid off from N.C.R.  I guess you knew her brother also got laid off right around the time I left Ohio.  I wonder whats the matter with N.C.R. anyway.

How was the Halloween Carnival?  I remember last year when I lost the car keys & a bunch of other keys.

Could you all find a Bible Camentary [Commentary perhaps] If you got one sitting around I could use it.  The Wycliff's is the one we're suppose to have.  Bible sure isn't easy.  I still like English the best -- we do some real "fun" things in that class.  It's really something.

Well.  I better close for now.

Hope everything is fine with you all.

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album