Tuesday, October 13, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Oct.22

 

Oct 22, 1970

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for your letter today.  I got the Hally's Bible Handbook.  Thanks alot for mailing it to me.  I've still got to buy the dictionary yet.

Too bad about you all being sick -- especially Daddy.  Now, I guess Daddy is the only one sick, right?  But you had to have shots.

John, did you have fun at the boy scout camporee?

All we hear about here is "Kent State".  On every news there is something about Kent State or the Ohio National Guard.  It sometimes makes me think I'm in OHIO!!

It has been raining since Friday.  Today it started sleeting.  I'm not kidding.  You wouldn't believe it.  Next year I'm going to Florida to school -- down there I could at least get a sun-tan!!

We are now in the 8th chapter of Mark.  We had a test Wednesday covering the first 7 chapters.  The Bible courses here are hard.  Also expensive!

Sociology is going fine.We got our new teacher from Warren-Pacific College.  I guess he teaches College Sociology there too.  We won't be having any tests in Sociology.  He told us that today.  Instead we would have "papers" to write instead.  I'm not too sure about that  I guess I'd much rather write a paper than take a test.

I don't think I'm going to get a typewriter.  Pam has got one and I use it when I need it.  

That's too bad about Jennifer Gano.  I didn't know anything about it.

How's Serena & Mary Virginia doing raking the leaves???

I hear the donuts went up in the J&W.  Are they 90¢  per dozen now?  Oh, I guess you all would have gotten them cheaper for a church group.

I can't wait till the week-end.  Right now I plan to dress for winter & go out Saturday looking for a job.  I'd like to find the person who told me it never gets below 65º here.  Yesterday it was down to the low 30's.  But now at the same time it was raining.  But today it was sleet!

Governor Tom McCall is a Republican.

I'll enclose a page that I've gotten from a "Crescent" [George Fox College Newspaper]  It's an old one -- last years.  They come out every two weeks.  Please notice the snow.  I'm giving it a week to snow.  Ugh.

I hope I can get everything in one envelope.  You won't believe this -- I've already run out of stamps.  (first roll)  I had a funny feeling I would need the 2nd roll.

Well, I've got to go now.  Do hope you feel better Dad.  Hope you have a nice birthday.

Love,
Roberta

Thanks again for mailing the Bible Handbook.


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album