Tuesday, October 27, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Nov.3

 

Nov. 3, 1970

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for the letter & check today.  The check will cover everything right now.  I did buy the Wycliffe Bible Commentary.  It really helps me alot in my Bible Work.  I got the 1968 edition -- 1527 pages as to the the 1966 - 1515 pages!  The price was still the same.

We have been having beautiful weather here.  It gets up to about 60-65 which seems pretty warm to us all.

Should I check in and see about flying home -- do you think it would be worth it?  If I fly I better be getting on the ball, huh?  Here are some pictures that I've taken.  Be sure & keep them.  Maybe you could mail them to Aunt Mary & Uncle Bill to let them see them.

We got our first test back in History.  I got a "B".  I'm still not too fond of the class.  If we could just get to the 1800's.  We're still messing with Washington, etc. -- maybe I should say we finally got that far.  We're having our 2nd History test this Friday.  Also a big Bible test -- wish me luck!

I hope you are feeling lots better now Daddy.  Thanks again for the letter & check.

Love, 
Bert

[Written on the envelope]

Thanks for the stamps.  They will come in very handy!!

Election 1970
McCall will win in Oregon -- I hope!!  I hope Taft wins!!  Think John Gilligan will win?  I'll know in about 6 hours!!  I don't like Metzenbaum!! 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album