Monday, October 19, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Oct.26

 

Oct. 26, 1970

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for your letter today.  Also the stamps -- you must know how much I need them. (use them!)

Well.   I really had a big week-end.  Friday night we went to Salem but got back at the school before 1:00 A.M.  then Saturday I did some homework, wrote some letters, and tried to find a job -- (no luck!).  So then Saturday night Judy decided school was a bore and invited me to come to her house over-night.  I really had a good time.

We slept till 12:00 noon on Sunday.  Well -- we were sleepy.  We got up & Judy's mother fixed us a very big breakfast.  Like: pancakes, biscuits, Canadian bacon, sausage, apples, Good orange juice, milk, and some other stuff.  WOW!  You wouldn't have believed it!

Thanks alot for getting Betty Waits Caplinger address.  I'll have to get a note off to her.

I'm glad you all enjoy the book.  I really like it myself.

The book store wouldn't buy my nutrition book.  He said he didn't know if they would be using the same book next year.  I hope to get into Portland State's bookstore & sell it.

I hope you're feeling alot better Daddy.

This new time.  So much light in the morning.  I'm not to sure about it.  It's always pitch dark by about 6:00 p.m. (before 6:00 usually).

The school is having Spiritual Emphasis Week this week.  There are special speakers & all.  We also have meetings at 11:00 A.M.-1:00 and 9:00 P.M. -10:00 that we have to go to.  There are less classes & less homework this week. (Great!)

Well.  supper is in about 10 minutes.  I'll wait  now -- the line would be so long right now (probably) I'll wait till about 10 minutes after they start serving.

I'm writing a paper in English "Cats are more intelligent than most people think."  It's just an essay type of thing.

We do have Chapel 3 times a week.  Under no condition are we to miss.  Also every Wednesday evening are services.  Also every Sunday morning.  We are allowed to go to any type of church tho.  They sorta want you to go somewhere on Sunday A.M. (Pressure)

How is Grandma?  I've only heard from her once.

What is new with Catherine?  I hear all the news from Aunt Mary about the Hortons.  Wow!  Her famous C/C's!  You know that's what I need.

Well will write more later.  In a couple of days!

Love,
Roberta
P.S. Hope you have fun this week-end.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album