Monday, October 12, 2020

1970 Catherine's Postcard -Sep.23

 

Caption: BURDINE'S WEST PALM BEACH - Clematis at Dixie Highway.  Famous Sunshine Fashions for the family and your home.  Convenient store-door parking.  

Oct. 23 [1970]
Fri.

Hi!  Glad to get your letter, hope Dad is better, and no one else sick. [According to a note on a hotel invoice dated Oct. 23, 1970, Dad was diagnosed with hepatitis and they all got shots.]   Things are going well here.  I've been spending hours reading Faust -- I really like it.  I had a new idea for an SIP [Senior Independent Project] -- doing a concordance of Faust.  I'm enthused but haven't talked to anyone yet.  I will be here in Kal. though.  I'm thinking of changing my residence, so in case I went to library school here next year.  Dick is also considering library school among other things.  I have a job in library here for vacation but am still planning to be home (NV) for Christmas.  Did you get my long epistle of last week?

Your happy, healthy
daughter & sister, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album