Sunday, October 04, 2020

1970 Roberta's letter -Oct.14

 


Oct 14,
1970
Dear Family,

Thanks alot for your letter today.  I'm getting along fine.  I especially like my Eng. class.  There are only 10 students in it.  For tomorrow we have to write a 2 page conversation between an educated man and an uneducated man.

There is a public library in Newberg.  I hear it is small.  There is a nice "Herbert Hoover" park about 3 blocks from the school.  It is across from his house.  Or what ever it is called.

I was in Dave Dennis's place myself.  You pay for all that high class.

I still haven't gotten a call from the lady downtown about my job.  She said she would want me this weekend but told me she would call me about my hours.  I'm going to call her tomorrow.

OH.  I have a chance to go to Alaska over Christmas.  The school is having a bus go up to work in an Indian Reservation.  It's a Christian Service Deal.  I want to find out more about it.  Yes??

That was quite a thing about Wayne Ames.

OH.  I've checked about a type-writer.  Now, a downtown office store has an Olympian type writer that I can rent for $6.00 a month.  Three months for $18.00.  At the end of 3 months if I decide I ant to buy it the $18.00 will go off the price.  It's made out of spring steel -- something like that!  The lady told me they were alot better than a Smith-Corona.  The new Olympian cost about $115.00.  

The bank is about 8 blocks from the campus.  Are Serena's feet OK now?  I'm planning on buying myself a pair of "foot thrills" the shoe like I wore while working at J&W.  (Brown -- tie-up.)

Pam and I are on a diet.  We are going to start drinking 2 oz. of blackstrap molasses, 8 oz. of water, and 2 oz. of real lemon juice for supper.  I got a ¼ of a cup measurer thing last night.  That's an awfully lot of black-strap molasses!  ¼ cup!

The official diet is to drink 6 to 12 of those mixtures a day, but eat nothing.  We couldn't do that!

I've had a very nice letter from Rev. Reece, day before yesterday.

That was something about Jack Matson.  I can just hear those "Welk Ladies" talking about it all.

OH by the way I would appreciate it if Daddy could get Betty Wait's             address.  JoAnn Smith knows it -- I'm pretty sure.  I meant to get it before I left.

Well.  Do write.

Let me know if you know anyone who would like to buy a $8.25 Fundamentals of Normal Nutrition book,  How about Catherine?

Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album