Monday, September 28, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Oct.9


 Oct. 9, 1970

Dear Family,

Thank you very much for your letter, and also the checks.  I was beginning to need them, or at least a little bit of the money.

It's now 11:30 PM and Pam and I & Mary just got back from the Newberg theatre.  We saw "Boatniks" (sp?) and also "Swiss Family Robinson".  Newberg has  2  movie houses -- one that shows childrens movies and he other one adult movies -- we went to the children's movie place.  Only cost $1.25 -- adult movie place cost $1.75.

Now I need 1) Bible Dictionary and 2) Halley's Bible Handbook for Bible class.  Now, the teacher suggests the Ungers Bible dictionary.  But it is $11.00.  And the Holley's handbook is $4.50.  Now, I've got the money to buy them but I wondered if you had anything like them at home that I could use.  Or would it be cheaper to buy them somewhere else, around here?

I'm having to take a special programmed course in English because of the fact that I was judged low in English.  That way I end up having English one way or another every day.  It's not too bad though.

The day before yesterday I got a box in the mail from Vanessa.  It was fudge!  And it was still good.  She had wrapped every piece by itself, then put alum. foil around it all, then newspaper all in a cigar box.  Then the cigar box was nailed down.  It took me 30 minutes of real effort to get into it.

I had a note saying I owed the school $7.00 -- I went over to the office and asked her what for.  She said because of my  2  schedule changes.  I asked her if G.F.C was money hungry?  She asked me where I was from and I told her from near Cinn. Ohio.  She asked me if I'd ever heard of Leesburg, Ohio.  I told her I lived about 10 miles from there.  She said her cousins live in Leesburg.  I couldn't believe it!

By the way, the extra English Course doesn't cost anything extra.  At least they haven't said anything yet.

Tomorrow morning at 9:00 Pam and I are to go and see about our jobs.  We aren't doing it through the school.

Now, I got my first Eng. test today back it was a 93%.  I couldn't believe it.

Well, got to go to bed!  It's about 12:30.  I'm sleepy.  Also I'm sure glad there is no classes tomorrow.  We aren't suppose to do homework at all on Sunday.  We had very few assignments for Monday.

Well do write.  OH. My phone # . . . .  Extension stands for Edwards 3rd floor.

Love,
Roberta

P.S. Thanks again for the money.  I plan to see about a used bike & used typewriter.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album