Thursday, September 03, 2020

1984 Elizabeth Johnson Letter to Roberta -Sep.20

 


Sept 20 [1984]
Dear Roberta & Sid, 

I really enjoyed spending Aug. 19 with the Uibles.  Its always good to see you.  Thanks for your card from Hocking Hills.  The last time I was there was the summer of 1951.

Garnet Fisher & I go to visit the Fishers at Logan, Ohio quite often.  I spent last week end with Garnet down near Rocky Fork Lake.  I went to Sunday school & church first.  Got to meet the new preacher.  I came home Monday evening.

I enjoyed the Bus tour to the Ozarks Sept 5 thru 8.  Saw the Play Shepherd of the Hills, also toured St. Louis.  Mariann came & took me to lunch for my birthday. [Elizabeth was born Sept. 14, 1914, thus we know the year this letter was written.]  June is taking us all out to dinner Sat. night.  Friday 21st is Mariann's birthday.  She will be 32 this time.  I was 70.  I am slowing down a little.

Worked upstairs the past 3 days.  Got it all ready to close off for winter.

Luther Warren's marriage license was in yesterday's paper.  He is 93 and she 78 years.  I am invited to the wedding on Sept. 30.  It's at the Friends meeting house on the campus and we are invited to a sit down dinner afterwards at Prairie View.  

Well must move along.  I have checks to bank and apples to make into dumplings for the freezer.

I am sorry we didn't get to the farm.  The Spurlocks are doing a really good job of taking care of the yard.  Everything looks neat & well cared for.  It would have been a good time for Sid to have seen it.

Love to you both,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album