Thursday, September 10, 2020

1970 Catherine's Posstcard -Sep.26

 


Sept. 26, 1970

Hi!  It was good to come home and find some mail -- especially those grades 'cause I was pretty worried about them.  If I keep trying in German I may graduate yet!  Glad to hear Roberta got off -- what's her address?  Mine starting Monday will be 101B DeWaters.  Thanks for sending my mail to John -- although there is an address here no mail comes because it goes to Dick's mother in Clio.  We've had a really good vacation and I sort of dread going back to school.

We've been fishing about every day especially while we were up by Oscoda [in Michigan on Lake Huron].  I've only caught two fish altogether that were big enough to keep but Dick catches more so we have had some fish to eat and there are some in the freezer now. 

Is the Waters VW still for sale?  We've been to innumerable trailer sales and seen all sorts of livable but expensive stuff.  We almost have to get something used (new Ford camper vans cost between $3-5000) and a van may be the best thing to start with.  Let me know about the Waters, OK?  

I'm looking forward to getting the librarian stuff.  Is there a school in Southern Calif.?  I didn't understand the reference to my bike in your letter but maybe I'll find out when I get back to school.

I have gotten a good start on the reading for my classes already.  The books we're reading in German are really good.  Some I've already read in Eng. like All Quiet on the Western Front, by Remarque, Siddharta by Hesse and a story by Thomas Mann.  Mann and Hesse are about my favorite authors.  I think the Old Testament course will be the most difficult.  

I've got to go to the bank now to cash the Mohasco check so I'll have some money to pay for the key deposit, buy books, etc. when I get back to school.

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album