Monday, September 21, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Oct.6

 

Oct. 6, 1970

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your letter today.  I guess Body Mechanics is a conditioning course.  We have been doing the "President's Physical Fitness" test.  It is pretty hard.

We can sit where-ever we want to in all of our classes.  Most of my classes have about 15-20 people in them.  My U.S. History class is bigger tho, and also my Bible Literature class.  It has about 80 kids in it but for discussion we break up into groups of about 10 people or less.  Right now we are studying Mark.  There is SO much in it!

I changed from Nutrition to Sociology.  I didn't want to take Nutrition in the 1st place.  Wonder why I signed up for it.

I've seen "Wells" jacks in 2 stores in Newberg.  But no jump-ropes so far.

This week-end or next I am to go into Portland with a girl named Pam Hawks.  It costs $1.05 one way into Portland.  They have old buses that go about every 1½ hours.  Pam is from Tacoma, Washington.  She went to school last year at Multnomah Bible School in Portland.  We will be staying there at the school.

I'll be including a letter from Mrs. Hinerman, I got it today.

It wouldn't be too bad to have a bike here.  I guess the town is building an inside pool about a mile from here.  It will be pay so much every time & it will be done in late November!!

I'm not sure about Governor McCall.  He spoke here at the school, you know.  He's a BIG tall man.

Food is not bad.  About 3 choices on salad, vegetable, 2 kinds of soups.  2 or 3 kinds of main meats.  All kinds of desserts -- fresh fruit, canned fruit, ice cream, pie, cake, cookies, etc.

No Arby's or Burger Chef here that I've seen.  Colonel Sanders here do sell Ham & Roast beef along with Chicken.

I've bought me a cheap blanket, cheap is the word -- the 1st one had holes in it.  Second one was OK though.  I want to get one of those nice skinny blankets.  Remember -- they're sort of expensive.

Mary bought us bedspreads at an import store where she used to work.  They are Indian bedspreads.  Not Red-skins -- you know from India.  I paid her for mine.  $6.00 -- can't beat that.

We've got to buy rugs -- floor is COLD!!  By the way, her towels are just like mine.  Except green -- two shades.

Well, I've really got to go.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album