Thursday, September 24, 2020

1970 Catherine's Letter & Schedule -Oct.5

 


Monday---October 5, 1970

Dear Mother, Daddy, Serena, John and Mary,

Hi!  It was quite a surprise to get the quick service on the letter and the package both of which arrived about 8:30 this morning.  It is nice having a few more clothes to select from although I notice a couple of skirts should be shortened -- too bad I didn't check sooner so you could have something to do, Mom!  Hopefully I'm capable of doing it myself.

Thanks too for the library school stuff.  I know a couple people who are in the library school at Western.  They accept people four times a year.  Every day that I get through here is one closer to something else so I better give it some thought.

Would you believe I cut my hair about four inches?  I really did.  I decided to get it all trimmed even so I had a good inch taken off the sides and about four off the back.  It really does look alot shorter.  I haven't quite gotten used to it yet.

Thanks for the info on the Waters VW.  Would it be possible for you to call Tolle's and see how much they want for it?  We've been checking up on newspaper ads and various camper and/or car dealers around here.

TUESDAY

As I didn't get this finished yesterday I thought maybe I would try writing a little more today.  I went over to WMU this afternoon and believe it or not the Red Cross decided to take a pint of my blood.  I found out the secret of getting my temperature and blood pressure up is to peddle up hill on a bicycle in high gear for about 15 minutes, and then run inside thinking very exciting thoughts to keep them both up long enough to get it recorded.  It worked too.  The temperature was 98 and the blood pressure was 104/67!

No, I haven't heard or seen anything concerning my bicycle.  I'm still trying to figure out who it was that called you.  What did they tell you?  I had no identification on the bicycle nor was it registered with the school (since they don't have such a thing as bicycle registration) or the police (although they do).  So who or why was it somebody called you?  At least I can use Debby's since she is in New York.  Today was the first time I used it though.

My financial condition is OK.  Just yesterday I put $36.25 in my savings account and collected my lat quarter's interest of $2.56.  Like I said, it will be awhile yet before I'll be able to live off my interest regardless of how frugal I am.  I've heard rumors that the school was going to start paying $1.65 an hour instead of $1.45 but I've also heard that it may not go into affect until spring.  When we first came it was $1.10 so it has gone up about the same proportion as tuition.  Only it seems to be a much smaller scale!

Thanks for Roberta's address.  I don't know how soon I'll be able to write to her, oh, I could probably send her a postcard if I get around to buying some more stamps.  Anyway, you could give her my regards, also to Grandma, Joe, et.al.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album