Sunday, October 27, 2019

1989 MV's Letter -Sep.3


9-3-89
Dear Mom & Dad --

Thanks so much for calling this week -- what a nice surprise!  Already last Sunday seems like years ago.  What a busy day.

In reserving rooms, I got 3 in Larabee (where you normally stay) - 2 have double beds, 1 has twin beds.  The room equipped for a wheelchair is in Grice (the other male dorm) also has a private bath.  The Larabee rooms are $28/night, the Grice room is $26/night.  Right now, the rooms are reserved for Saturday and Sunday night.  That can be changed if you all choose to leave on Sunday.  I just wanted to let you know they are available.

Also enclosed is the latest insurance bill, with the corrected amount.  Thank you for taking care of that.

I hope you had a nice visit with John, and that he got to stay through today.  I was sorry not to see him.

My new roommate is from Columbus, Mississippi, majoring in Christian Education.  She just finished her bachelors in music 3 weeks ago at Old Miss.  She's 23 and very nice.  I think we'll get along fine.

I'm sending an application to a church in Douglas, GA and I got a letter from a church in Denver (CO) that they had my resume & would be contacting me when they close applications.  The Denver church has about 1100 members and are willing to pay $25-$30,000/year.  They must have some rich folks in the congregation.  Otherwise I haven't heard anything else back.  Bill Goold got a call from a church in Alabama looking for someone.  He's supposed to get me more info.  He wouldn't say where in Alabama.

I'm putting in a recital invitation that I did.  I figure they cost me about 5¢/ a card -- which is very appealing over professional alternatives.  It serves the purpose well.  I'll probably mail them out this week or next.

I just called Shakertown to make dinner reservations and they are full on 10/7 in non-smoking so I'll make them elsewhere.  Well, I just called Fifth Quarter, a restaurant known in Lexington for their salad bar and steaks.  We have a table reserved at 5:30 on 10/7 in non-smoking.

Mother you had mentioned getting paper supplies for the reception?  I think shades of pink and burgundy -- we'll need drinking glasses (8 oz); napkins (full dinner size); table clothes (24 to fit an oblong table of six) and plastic ware.  I think Lorraine has everything else.  Oh -- yes cups for the fruit salad (4 oz) and plates for the sandwiches.  There may be some cups up in the closet from the last recital that could be used for the fruit salad.  I don't know how many were left -- actually if that burgundy sheet is still available, we could use that to cover the main food tables & just get 22 table clothes.  (Enough supplies for 150)

Well - I think that takes care of all the "business" for now.  Hope everything is well in New Vienna.  Please tell Grandma & Hortons hello.

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album