Monday, October 28, 2019

1989 Roberta's Letter -Sep.4


9/4/89
Dear Folks,

Hi!  Good to talk to you all this past weekend!  Grandma sure sounds good on the phone -- I'm anxious to get her a VCR in New Vienna!

We showed a very good VCR film today at Sr. Village - ON THE EDGE -  filmed in Washington State.  quite a touching story - tho a few words in it you don't hear in Sunday School!  I worked most of the day -- tho I did get a 5½ mile walk w/ the walking club early AM --

Sid has not been feeling well at all -- has been to the Doctors -- all kinds of tests, everything comes back perfect -- so that is encouraging!  He really doesn't make a very good sick person!  Thank goodness for good HEALTH insurance -- or he would be sick over the cost of all those tests!  I just hope he doesn't overdo it when he goes to Indiana - between those 2 grandchild he entertains & ALL of Judy's jobs she has "saved" for him!

I think part of his health problems are ARTHRITIC -- not deadly just lots of discomfort!  Perhaps better not to say anything to him about above -- he doesn't much appreciate attention in that way!  Tho I am tempted to call Judy -- quite on the sly!

These AFC homes usually cost $700 to $1200 per month.  Sr. Village rates are going up to $675 up from $650!  Still a bargain!  We now have 2 private pay paying double for a large private room!  Even have 1 more interested in doing that!  Only problem there is when they would move out - then actually lose the same as 2 residents.  We make no $ from an empty bed -- and you can never recover it!

This past year we were $16 thousand above estimated budget - PROFIT - except w/ a non profit organization like FSC all the $ has to go back into the program.  (No problem there!)

Could you use some pecans, Mom?  We hope to get back to the food bank in September (& then October too!).  We have alll enjoyed those apples from the Food Bank!

I've been looking at those mini vans - also good used cars - about 1984 - family sedan types.  The Impala has been a good car but it's been telling me it's ready for retirement!  In only has 160,000 miles!

It's been very humid here -- Santa Fe will be a great change -- I'm sure glad Joe is doing so great!  I told someone today that I was going to Santa Fe & they thought the city was in California!  (And I thought my geography was BAD!)

OK - gotta go -- See you all October 4th!

Much Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album