Friday, October 18, 2019

1979 Catherine's Letter -Aug.30

Thursday, August 30, 1979

Dear Mother, Dad, Serena, and Mary,

Hi!  Here it is raining again today so I have another reprieve from sweeping the parking lot.  I did talk to Sandy this morning and she is planning to come for the inspection either next Tuesday or Wednesday.  She also told me that the new landscapers were to start work this week on finishing up the sprinkling system but so far we have not seen any sign of them.

I want to thank you again for the nice week in Ohio.  It was good to see everybody.  I took my first roll of film to Safeway yesterday so I should have some pictures back by next week.  I'll send you some copies.

Gerry really likes the shirts form Velva-Sheen.  If you go again you could see if they have any long sleeve red shirt for Gerry like the Mt. Hood one you got him last year.  He takes a large.  Also if they have any of that style in light blue or red in size medium for me.  I didn't see any when we were there.  Also if they have long sleeve in that style that I got for myself I wouldn't mind having more of them.  Especially if they are a nice color.  The ones I got are all right but the color wasn't the best -- yellow and lt. green.  Gerry especially like the ones with the different color trim and the one with the colored stripes on it.  If you see any nice ones in his size.  I'd be glad to send you some more money if you let me know when you'll be going.

I have been trying to keep Wendy on Ohio time.  She has been taking a nap in the morning before lunch and then last night she went to bed at 8:00 which is early for her in Oregon.  I don't know how long that will last but with it getting dark earlier it should be easier.

My flight was about 45 minutes late leaving Chicago and about 40 minutes late arriving.  Wendy ate the dinner on the plane so Gerry and I stopped for pizza on the way home.  On the plane there was a choice of quiche, chicken, or steak.  I got the quiche since I knew Wendy would eat that.  Most of the area the plane covered was cloudy but I did see a fair amount of Iowa and almost all of Montana.  It was neat to see it from the air.  There is still plenty of open country there in Montana

Gerry will be home for lunch soon so I better close and get something on toe at.  I also hear Wendy waking up.  Thanks again for everything.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album