Wednesday, October 23, 2019

1989 Catherine's Fax -Sep.1


Friday, September 1, 1989 11:50am

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  How are things going in New Vienna?  I only have a few minutes but was just prompted to write by the visit of Jay Fritzler.  He said he is a rep of Wells and had been meaning to drop by for a long time and finally got to the Main Library.  (He said he is a regular at the Velma Teague Branch.)  He also said "You look just like your father."  He asked how many years since you were in Arizona for Christmas and I figured it must have been at least three since it was before we moved here.  He remembered going to lunch then with Dad at the Westcourt but said he doubted if you would ever take him to lunch again since he had a drink.

The program I went to yesterday was very interesting.  You would have enjoyed the in-depth tour of the bookbindery.  And then the afternoon program at Scottsdale was presented by E.A. Hass, also known as Dr. Rita Book (formerly of the radio show Kids America).  She was quite a comedienne and I think would go over extremely well with children.  Are you still interested in booklists, etc., Mother?

We do not have too many plans for the weekend.  Gerry and I are playing golf a couple of times and Wendy's choice of things to do includes a visit to Metrocenter and lunch at Olive Garden.  I guess she is planning her birthday list.  for her birthday dinner she wants to go to Bobbie McGee's.

Quite often she mentions Christmas and worries about how is she going to survive all the teasing.

I will try to get the pictures you sent to Wendy off to you in the near future.

My time is about up as I have to work the desk 12-1 before going to lunch so I better close.

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album