Tuesday, October 15, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -Aug.27

[8/27/79]
Wednesday Am – 7:00
Dear Family,

Gee!  Things must really be happening in New Vienna – too much activity going on to write!  Did get a letter yesterday from Catherine -- she had Miss Wendy's help in spacing -- Catherine was typing & Miss Wendy kept pressing on the space bar.  Did make for interesting spaces -- Catherine wonders when & where we will all meet again.

Marian had teachers meeting yesterday -- today 1st day of classes -- w/all new administration & they seem to mean business -- she is looking forward to the new year.

I spent most of yesterday at the library -- did take the tour -- it was very good.  I now have my name in for a study Carol (sp>) -- but in the meantime I am to get a semi-private (8 people) locked study room.  I'll be able to leave books, etc, -- there.  I'm finding that I have lots of reading to do -- alot of that in the reserve section of the library.

For 1 class had to pick group & do -- plan out activities -- for 1 math.  I'm still undecided whether I'll pick -- nursing home setting or senior center for my group.  That's due Nov. 19th.

Yesterday afternoon we took out 1st collection of Aluminum cans -- thought the price was 23¢ per pound but was only 16¢ per pound.  Had 3 big boxes -- plus 2 bags (also big) & got $4.97 == not bad for 1 week of work -- I always come to school w/ bag for picking up -- also when Buffie gets walked.  Plus garbage cans & 7/11 & other quick food marts get quick look if I go by them on bike.  At this rate -- from $ we can at least keep gas in both bikes.

I just got a letter off yesterday to the Sankers -- did I tell you that Lowell will be out here for school after Christmas?  something about his old roommate got married & he didn't know that many people out here -- so he decided to go to U.C. this fall & then out here later.  It is Lowell -- not Bruce -- that came out here -- isn't it?  I wanted to write them & thank them for delivery to airport.

Any articles -- esp. in NYT or WSJ -- about nursing homes -- or senior citizen centers -- esp. relating to activities -- could you please send them my way?

OK -- gotta go ---

Love,
Berta

PS 110º today -- but hear Ohio is getting heat wave too.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album