Thursday, October 31, 2019

1979 Catherine's Letter -Sep.12


Wednesday, September 12, 1979

Dear Mother, Dad and Mary,

Hi!  thanks for your letter which arrived yesterday.  Glad to hear things are settling down somewhat for you.  When do John & Carol return?

I went bowling this morning as I joined the Wednesday morning league.  Didn't do too well but I haven't bowled for a long time so I didn't feel too bad.  Plenty of room for improvement anyway.  Gerry is doing well in hisTuesday night league.  the worst part for him is that t doesn't start until 9:00 so it is 11:30 or so before he gets home.  It doesn't see to bother his back anymore than it is already bothered.  He says if it hasn't improved within a month he will go back to the Dr. and probably make arrangements to have a milogram done.  That is the test where they put some kind of chemicals into the spine to find out where the problem is.

Tonight we are having a friend over for dinner.  I have a chicken going in the crock-pot.  We are going to have potatoes & green beans and maybe I'll make some biscuits to go with it.  We ate lunch at The Stag today, a restaurant down town.  They have a nice buffet lunch but today were featuring chicken so we passed.  I had a crab salad which came with lots of crab.

Tomorrow night is the UMW meeting.  I figure I better go and find out whether I am elected secretary or not.  The program is going to be on Women of the Bible, being acted out by women in costume.  Should be interesting.  Gerry is going to stay home with Wendy.

Well, I'm going to put this out for the mailman and then see if I can take a nap while Wendy is still sleeping.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry &
Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album