Monday, January 28, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -Jan.26

[1/26/79]
Friday morning
Good Morning ! ! ! !

Thanks alot for your letter yesterday and all the enclosures, including the check ! ! ! ! !  Just came from the bank now -- Found out just a week or two ago that the bank right here by me has window hours from 7 a.m. till 6 p.m. so it makes it much better to go to the bank before I come to the store instead of waiting till my lunch hour (which is only 1/2 hour) and spending it there.

It is still raining . . . even the roads like Alma School, Dobson, etc. are only open one lane going both directions -- (two instead of the four) makes for alot worse time in trying to get around.

Mary Virginia has really been practicing her song for tomorrow.  She has to be at the high school by 6:15 so Marion keeps reminding me that I'm her sister -- so I'll be driving her.  She has had more than her fill getting home early this week trying to make it to school.

I'm buying health insurance.  Getting $500 deductible so I sure hope never to have to use it.  It's with a company out of Oregon but I can't remember the full name of it.  Right now I'm just tired of reading policies.

Now it is lunch time . . . yesterday during lunch I rushed over to HOM to the Dr's . . . still missed work -- but did get back by 2:30.  It's nice to just be able to stay here today.

Tonight is the concert - EVIE - or maybe it is spelled another way.  But Mary is to sing tonight at Mesa High -- some sort of regional or district tryout -- not related to tomorrow's activities.

We have been practicing our Spanish at home.  Can now carry on about a three minute conversation, hopefully it will improve with time.  Mary is helping us.  Really Marion is quite good about it -- she had four years of it in high school so remembers quite a bit.

The Williams seem to enjoy the Wednesday night supper at the Church.  They got another wheel chair from the nursing home and then pushed both of them over there.  Then afterwards I helped Marion with getting them back home, Mr. Williams back to his house.  Timing was just right, when we were back to the Church, Mary Va. was just getting out of youth group.  Also the rains started up just as we were getting back to the Church from Mr. Williams.

I want to get a basket for the bike.  They don't have them in to fit the new style -- like what we got.  It is not called a moped.  It's called a Honda Express.   Runs on either premium or low-lead gas.  Tanks holds some .65 gallon.  Not much.  What I would really like is for the rains to quit so that I can start riding the bike.  We've had something like 2 half days of sunshine since I got the bike.  That money could still be in the bank making money for me.  I did wait till I got the interest out of it before taking it out.

I got a Lee Wards catalog and have ordered some things out of it.  They sure beat the local craft store for prices.  Will be interesting to see the quality and when the things arrive.  At least this way you get out of paying sales tax on the stuff -- postage and delivery instead.

Please send us some recent pictures of Miss Wendy.  If you want them back just let us know.  Did I ever tell you that the large picture of the family did come in right after you all left.  Now we have a large picture (of course) of Buffy chewing on a bone.  If you all would like a copy just let me know.  Mary and Buffy get along fine.

Love,
Berta

Now Sunday – better just send this to #148 –
Rode the express yesterday – over to Dorothy's
We all enjoyed the EVIE Concert Friday night.

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album