Tuesday, January 15, 2019

1989 Catherine's Letter -Jan.13


Friday, January 13, 1989 1:30pm

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  What's new with you folks this week?  Thanks for your call last Friday.  It's always good to talk to you.  I just talked to Roberta on the phone a few minutes ago but she said nothing is new with the Kings.  She did say that Serena Sharp (the Japanese lady) is going into a nursing home today.

The latest news on my health situation is that the Dr.'s office called me this week and said the second x-ray did show that there is a "mass" present and so the next step is to have an ultrasound to determine if it is fluid or solid before they determine what to do next.  The ultrasound is scheduled for 2:20 this afternoon so I will be headed there shortly.  Then I have another appointment with the surgeon on Jan. 26th.

Also today (at 7am) I had some minor dental surgery done – an osseous flap to be precise to expose part of a root section of a tooth that has been giving me problems.  It wasn't too bad a procedure but I do have to take antibiotics for about a week and go back next Friday to have the stitches removed.  The numbness has about worn off and the pain isn't too horrible so I think I will survive.

Wendy only had a half day of school today as it is the end of the grading period.   . . .  a teacher in-service day.  I have Monday as a city holiday but I'm going to be working in the morning doing two teacher in-service presentations for the Glendale Schools.

Sid's birthday is coming up next week along with Serena's.  I need to get a card for Serena.  I guess we will be going out to dinner with R&S.  Sid's daughter, Sarah, will be here during that time for some presentation she is doing at ASU.

Well, I need to get a move on so I have time to eat something before I go for the ultrasound.  I'll let you know when I know more. 

Hope all is well in New Vienna!

Love, 
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album