Thursday, January 03, 2019

1969 Catherine's Postcard -Jan.3

Yellowstone National Park. Crested Pool and Castle Geyser Cone postcard -mailed 1969. Caption: Castle Geyser Cone said to be one of the oldest geyser formations in the Park was named in 1870 by the Washburn-Langford party because of its resemblance to the ruins of an old feudal castle.


1/3/69

Hi!  We went near here yesterday.  Right now I'm in Grand Island, Neb. where I just fixed myself a cup of coffee (thanks to Roberta) for breakfast.  Ardy gave me enough food so I wouldn't starve.  SLC sure was a dreary place.  I hope it is warmer in K than it has been here in Neb. & Wyo.  I've been reviewing German trying to get ready for next week

Love, Catherine

In case you wondered this is an old post card I brought with me!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album