Saturday, January 12, 2019

1979 MV in AZ letter -Jan.10



Wednesday Jan. 10, 1979
Dear Everybody,

Hi!  A lot has happened since Mother left.  Right now I'm in Spanish – I would be busy except I did lesson 18 yesterday, so I'm ahead (don't have a Cardiac, Mother).

Last night Roberta came home, & after supper, she asked Marion if you should report a robbery if they had broken in, but not successfully stolen anything.  It turned out someone had gotten in the truck (it was unlocked) and tried to take the AM-FM 8-Track tape deck out of the truck yesterday while she was at work.  They got the knobs & some needlepoint.  Evidently they got scared off, because all they had to do was lift up the dashboard & take out the radio.  Berta & Marion took the truck over to Tempe Police Dept. last night, and I guess they got finger prints.  Then they went over to Diamond's to get Marion a purse (almost exactly like Roberta's, but they didn't have it in stock.  So they called Diamond's at Metro Center, and tried to get it, but they said they were taking inventory, so they can't sent it over for some stupid reason.

Last nite we ate in.  Marion fixed steak that was really good.  I think she fried it – I fixed my famous fruit salad, and put in lots of bananas for Roberta.  Monday Nite we picked up Roberta at work & then went to the "Wendy's" for supper, the one right there near Roberta.

School is getting easier this week – No homework last night or tonite.  Today in English I'm going to hear somebody from A.P.S. (Ariz. Public Service) for this career stuff.  Yesterday we had a test over the different job levels, what is in a resume & covering letter, and career clusters.  All in all it wasn't too tuff.  We also had to turn in a career folder which included doing a covering letter & resume.

In Patriettes (Chorus) we're starting to do choreography (sp?) on one song.  It's sort of fun – everybody gets all goofed up.  Especially me!

Better go – Everybody says Hi, including Buffie.  Berta keeps bugging me to call, but I said no. 

Love – Mary Va.

P.S. We plan on eating at the church tonite.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album