Thursday, January 31, 2019

1969 Catherine's Letter -Jan.27


January 27, 1969

Dear Mother, Dad, Roberta, Serena, John and Mary,

Hi!  Here it is Monday again, the only thing I can think of good about Monday's is that when they are over there's only four more days of classes until the weekend.  Actually, they aren't that bad, it's just that I don't like psych or German class which both meet on Monday morning and then to make things even more unpleasant German lab is thrown in too.

Thanks for the packages.  I opened the one from Lazarus and the jumper is beautiful.  It looks really nice with that sweater too.  Not only that, but it fits!  I wore it Friday night when I went out with Bob and he approved so it joins my collection of favorites!  The other package also came Friday.  I opened it far enough to find the three presents so they are sitting on the dresser waiting for the 29th.  Mrs. (Priscilla) Walker sent me a nice card.

Signing the card to make me perless was also a nice present.  I don't know whether I deserve all that "faith" but I can guarantee you being perless won't have anything to do with it.  [Don't ask me what per stood for, but it had to do with curfew.]

There was a time last week when the grass could be seen in spots but then the temperature dropped 42º in 24 hours and the snow came down again.  I hope it snows gobs more because the Del Megas may have a traying party at Bob's this weekend.  The Del Megas are a guys society of which Bob is a member.  Gerti is going with the president of the society, Woody, and we don't talk of much else.  The party's not for definite yet though cause Bob hasn't told his parents.  We were going to go see them yesterday but his car was so cold it wouldn't start.

I like Bob a whole lot and I'm doing my best to be sensible about the whole thing.  When I go to Germany next fall it will mean we will be apart for six months and then he might go next spring which would make that three months longer.  Right now I concern myself only with enjoying the present and I'll let the future take care of itself.  He hopes to take German next quarter somewhere and somehow start to fulfill the graduation requirements of this school.  It mainly depends on what job he gets where he goes.  I hope he gets his first choice -- The Museum of Science and Industry, that is assuming Gerti and I end up there.

It's alway nice to hear from you all, and I appreciate the clippings.  I can't say as I remember 20 years ago too clearly but I have alot of pleasant memories of things since then -- and you all certainly have a big part of them!

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album