Sunday, October 14, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -Oct.12


October 12, 1968
Dear Mother, Dad, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  The quarter is now 20% over and I think I have learned some German.  In physics, I only discover every day how much less I know about what's going on. 

I appreciate all the clippings, the map, and all your letters.  A special thank you to John for his post card which I will be answering soon.  OK?  Chelsea, Mass. is pretty close to Boston isn't it?  Gee, Career-Service should be great!

My telephone number is 342-9871.  It's still the same as last year there's only one switchboard.

The bicycle trip which Debby and I were going to take this weekend was postponed until next weekend for when we called the hostel in Cassopolis it was all filled up for tonight so we made reservations for next Saturday night.  I hope the weather is nice.

I gave a pint of blood to the Red Cross on Wednesday.  That puts me half way toward my gallon pin.  Greg went with me as moral support but he didn't give any.  He's had a bunch of transfusions so he probably needs all he's got anyway.  I don't know whether the blood mobile is coming to K this year or not.  They came last year in October.  I had to go to Western the other day and now I can't give again until December 4 so maybe they will wait until then.

The lady who runs the snack bar, Rena . . . . I wanted to say her husband was in the hospital but I started out wrong or something.  Anyway, she has been taking some time off so I have been working extra hours.  Last week I worked about 21 hours but it probably won't be that many this week.  Jo's transportation to Wilmington didn't work out but she did end up going to Mackinack this weekend so I am subbing for her this evening.

My slacks, shell, and more hose came from Sears today.  The skirt I mailed back but only today so I haven't gotten my money yet or anything. 

Evidently yesterday wasn't payday for anyone as no-one needed a babysitter last night and I haven't had any offers for this evening either.  Quite a dull weekend – although I had plenty to do last night studying for German this morning.

I got my hair cut about 3/4 of an inch.  It was extremely painful but it looks alot better all trimmed up!

My watch came yesterday and I just happened to be in the lounge when the mailman came so I was able to sign for it.  They also enclosed a post card inside the package which I mailed back to Miller and Tuner assuring them that I received the package in good condition.  It works fine.  Thanks!

I don't know how I could get a picture of me in the coat.  Why don't you try looking in the catalog and pretend I'm the model?

Auf Wiedersehen.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album