Friday, October 05, 2018

1948 Jean's postcard -May 17


May 17, 1948
Dearest Mother & Daddy,

No doubt you have seen Virginia and she has reported on her trip. 

The time just goes so quickly that I'm always owing you a letter.  I had hoped to get over for your birthday [Lucie Sarah Brown Ballantyne, born May 23, 1880, died February 1, 1957] but Harold has his first exam May 24th.  He has offered to let me go alone with car but feel I'd better stay here although he might get more studying done without me around.

I hope you don't mind about the silver.  We certainly don't want you to think we don't appreciate it.  It's just that the stainless would be less expensive and we could put the other money toward our sterling.  Please understand.  Had very nice dinner at Miss Cutter's, with another couple – Mr. & Mrs. Dillie and his mother – Missionary doctor's wife once in China.  Thanks for laundry.  Did my first on Wednesday.

Love, Jean

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album