Thursday, October 25, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -Oct.21

[probably Oct. 21, 1978
Fall 78]
Friday AM
Hi!

I like my job lots – get to talk all day – mostly on the telephone – and I get paid for it!

Yesterday I "placed" two people – now just to get them to pay their fees!  I got a cashier's job at Piccadilly Cafeteria – (last night they had an ad in the paper – but I just called them "cold" – the day before.)  The other 1 – a job at a car wash here in Mesa making $160 a week – 40 hours – not bad $!  Both were young "kids" – the 1st had lots of cashier experience behind her – the 2nd – no work experience!  Both are to come in today to fill out necessary papers as to paying fees.  I'm enclosing fee schedule – as you can see – no cheap deal.  Usually "we" try to collect total amount w/in  3  months – but that's not an always thing.  We don't charge financing at all.  But you can put the fee on Master Charge.

Last night was our night down at the Nursing Home – Marian didn't go – she can't take it.  Doreen went & she does fine.  I'm suppose to work till 5:00 – but on Thursdays – so I can still feed – we have to be there by 4:30-4:40.  I'll leave work at 4:00.  Actually after 3:00 or so it gets pretty quiet – few people come in – and it's hard to find people I should talk to in business.

Today I have  3  people w/ interviews.  Most of the people we get in the office are either 20 – or younger – or 55 or older.

Last night there was a dust storm – it was really windy & dust flying everywhere.  Right now it really looks likes RAIN!

I got a letter from Catherine – day after I wrote her!  OK – I gotta go – will write later – Hope you all are fine ––

Talk to you later!

Love,
Berta

P.S. Haven't made yogurt yet.  Still hot here.  


Still hot here!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album