Thursday, October 04, 2018

1948 Jean's Letter -May 7

1848 E. 89th St.
Cleve Oh

Friday –
May 7, 1948
Dearest Mother and Daddy,

Its hard to realize that this is the first letter I've written you in such a long time but the days fly by so quickly.

We had a very nice trip to New Vienna last week end.  Bill, Mary and Joseph were there too most of the time.  We brought back rhubarb and asparagus from the Uible garden and 2 doz. eggs plus a lunch to eat on the way.  Again we had another flat tire.  Harold had talked of getting new tires while there but had decided to wait until the next trip.

The real reason for writing this was and is to tell you what grand parents I know I have.  And it isn't just on Mother's Day and Father's Day that I think of it.  The more I see of life the more I realize what a lucky person I am and how you must have struggled with your Problem Child.  To think I was so stubborn not to eat the food that I should have.  I remember how you tried and struggles and tried.  Now I see it was for my own good but you couldn't open my eyes then.  I am sorry we can't be home but we shall be thinking about you very much and very often.

Mrs. Hackenbury has never called again but sent a little luncheon set to us in the mail – a very pretty one 36x36 in blue with yellow trimming and 4 napkins – yellow with blue trimming.

Jeanne and Ruth came down Wednesday night for the first time (2nd time I've seen them since the wedding).  They seemed to like the apt very much and also put there names down for some wedding pictures.

Miss Annie Cutter called last week, and we are to go to her house for dinner next Monday night.  She's having another couple too – I don't know who they are.

We are really getting along fine in our little apartment and our needs are few – except for time.  Its not hard to take care of and Harold is a big help and is so patient about waiting for his dinner, lunch and breakfast and waiting for me in general.

I do hope you'll try to come over very soon for we are anxious for you to see how things are.  Come with Virginia & Jim if you can or drive over for a day – however & whenever you come you'll be welcome.  Lots & lots of love to you on Mother's Day and Always. ––Jean

Daddy, I hope you're feeling better & recovered from bill sent by Geo. McCauslen.  Harold got his the other day.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album