Tuesday, October 16, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -Oct.15

[Written on the back of a poster of a frog, which has directions on how to fold it for writing and sending.  John's mailing address was 435 E. Smith Road, Medina, Ohio]
October 15, 1978
Dear John!

Hi!  What's happening with political life?  I understand there is an election coming up – do you plan to vote?

As of tomorrow – I'll once more be working class – I start tomorrow as "employment counselor" – Empl. Agency – it should be interesting.  I'll interview people that come in looking for jobs – then try to place them w/ current job orders – or try to find them a job – by getting new job orders.  It will be strictly commission – but they guarantee me $500 a month – first 2 months – which they say I can make in my sleep.  It should have possibilities.

What do you hear about Carol & Barb?  I'd still like to have their addresses.  Don't bother to send Lester's [?].

Marian is doing great – she had a horrible - terrible cold - it lasted like 2 weeks – she was out of school 1 whole week.

I.T. was in an accident – ran a red light – totalled her car – plus another car – just a month old.  But she is fine – didn't even have to go to the hospital.  I just came back to my writing & was thinking about Marian – what I forgot to say was her cancer is under control.

Why don't you find time to come West?  Are you still planning on going to Europe?   What about Thanksgiving Day plans?

OK – Talk to you later.  Very warm here – about 100º – Went bowling last night – Marian sold Buick for $600!!! WOW!

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album