Evidently there was a delay in the third grade class celebration of MV's birthday in 1973. The class members each wrote a letter thanking Mrs. Uible for bringing the refreshments and offering insights about the treat and the event. Class members and messages from other letters transcribed below. All letters begin with the heading including the date, the sender's address and the greeting of Dear Mrs. Uible. All end with Yours truly except for MV's which went with a friendlier ending.
April 9, 1973
New Vienna, Ohio
Thanks alot for bringing the coke and potato chips. Even if I couldn't decide what I wanted. Thanks alot again.
Mary Virginia (Uible)
* * * * *
Letters are in the order in which they were stapled together. Original spelling and grammar, not bad for third graders, is shown below.
- Dale Robinson – Thank you for the pepsi and potato chips it was good. I wish you can come again.
- Diane Jean M – Thank you for the potato chips and pepsi. I like the potato chips and pepsi.
- Ray – Thank you for the pop and the potato chipes. And every thing else.
- Jeff Grooms – I liked your potato chips and pepsi. Every time I play kickball Mary always picks me.
- Mike Mitchell – Thank you for the potato chips and pipsi. We had a fun time.
- Leatha Waters – Thank you for the pop and the potao chips. We all like them. The potao chips was very good. Even when it was all gone we wanted more. And so was the pop. Thank you.
- Judy Henderson – Thank you for the potato chips and pepsi. They were the best I have ever had at school because we havent had pepsi before at school.
- Darlene Linkhart – Thank you very much for the pepsi and potato chips that you brought for Mary's birthday. Pepsi is my favorite kind of pop, but still I don't like potato chips that well.
- Melanie – Thank you for the pepsi and potato chips. I had a groovy time. I love pepsi and potato chips. Thank you very much.
- Kirk McMillan – Thank you for the coke and potato chips. They were very good. I liked them. When I come home I usally get out some potato chips and coke. This time I didn't have to do it.
- Chris Dodd – Thank you for the coke and potato chips. My mother diten't find out that I had a party until I told her.
- Judy Smedley [or Smalley?] – Thank you very much for all that pop and potato chips. They were so deliciouse. I couldn't eat supper at home after school cause I ate so much. I think it was fantastic. That was the best party we ever had to me.
- Allen Pinkerton – I want to thank you for the potato chips and the pepsi. And I like the pepsi and potato chips and I like them the best. I thank you very much.
- Terence Chambers – Thank you for the pepsi and the potato chips. I liked when I threw the icecube out the window. I thought the icecube hit a car but it didn't.
- Van Pratt – Thank you very much for the pepsi. I could have had a whole bottle. I told Terry Chambers to throw the ice cube out because he asked what can I do with it.
- Billy Kincaid – We certainly enjoyed the party. The potato chips were delicious! You shouldn't have let us have so much coke either!
- Sharon Kerrick – I like the potato chips and Pepsi. It was good.
- Tammy Cain – I thought the potato chips were realy good. And the pepsi was just great. Have a happy Easter.