Thursday, May 17, 2012

1992 Wendy's letter to her Uible Grandparents - May 17

In 1992 Wendy is about to wrap up 8th grade – her final year with Glendale Elementary School District.  She's been to several of the countries she mentions but still has the rest to which she can look forward.
 
Posted by Picasa
May 17, 1992
Dear Grandma & Grandpa,

Hello! How are you? I am great. I'm sorry it took me so long to write you back but I have been very busy. My parents are playing golf today in El Mirage. I did register for high school about two weeks ago. I will be taking Algebra, Journalism, Honors English, P.E., Spanish and Science. I wanted to take French but it was the same hour as Journalism and I really wanted to take Journalism so that I could get into yearbook my sophomore year. Only one of my friends is going to Centennial, her name is Tyanna.

I also had a chorus concert last week. We sang songs from plays.  My graduation (they call it promotion) is on May 28, I already got my dress.  I have two tickets for you if you decide to come. It will be on T.V. so I will tape it and make a copy to bring to Ohio.

I am very excited about having Mette (our exchange student) coming to live with us.  It will be a lot of fun.  I would love to go to Denmark!  But I would also love to go to all of Europe, Asia and Australia.  I would really really love to visit any of those places, especially France, Ireland, Denmark, Italy, Scotland, England, Switzerland, Sweden and Germany.

Last week was culture week at my school and in homeroom we had to say from what countries we were from and what nationalities we were.  I was French, Canadian, Indian, Scottish, Irish, and German.  Well, I've gotta go.  See you next month.

Love Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album