Friday, May 18, 2012

1992 Roberta's letter to Grandma - May

Roberta writes to her grandmother, Gladys Hiestand Uible, in May 1992. Last page scanned below. Transcription of entire letter follows.
 
Posted by Picasa
[May 1992]
Dear Grandma,
Wish we could be there on Mother's Day – but we do look forward to being in Ohio in June for your birthday.  SID is looking forward to seeing you too!  I just hope you aren't disappointed that the CATS are not coming!  It's been a long time since Sid was in OHIO – of course you have seen him when you would come to ARIZONA!  But now it is much easier for us to come to OHIO to see you!

Our Church attendance was way down today – many empty pews.  Easter Sunday it was so crowded! After Church we ate out at PICCADILLY Cafeteria – they have a special for $4.99 – you get a salad of your choice plus meat, 2 vegetables, roll, drink & your choice of dessert.  I had Chicken Livers w/OKRA & cooked cabbage.  My salad was a dish of strawberries – I thought of you!  For dessert I had apple pie.  Sid had ham, sweet potatoes, & lima beans, for a salad he had carrot salad and lemon meringue pie for dessert.  I ate all mine and part of his.  I must start my diet – maybe next year!

I talked with Aunt Mary on the phone – they should be in OHIO soon!

See you next month – GRANDMA.

We think of you often and hope this finds you doing very well – do say HI to SADIE for me!

Love,
Roberta, Sid & of course the CATS Beethoven, Mozart

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album