Monday, November 08, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Nov.25

 

 

Wednesday, November 25, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, Mary & Mie Young,

Hi!  Thanks for the pictures of Mary & Mie Young -- very flattering of both of them.  I am a little late in getting this letter off to you this week but better late than not at all.  Right?

How was your Thanksgiving?  We were going to eat out but when we called the place we wanted to go on Monday evening they were all booked up.  So we decided we didn't really want to drive to Bend anyway.  We made a trip to the grocery store instead.

It's now Monday, November 30.

Continued . . . . Nice talking to you on Saturday.  Sorry about the confusion, Mary.  I really did think you were Serena.  I just got to the library -- it's 8:00 a.m. and the temperature inside here is 52º.  The heaters are going full blast now though so the place should be up to 70º by 10:00 when we open.

Tomorrow I have library board meeting at 1:00.  I have been trying to get a book selection policy typed up -- the state library puts out a model one which I am adapting -- so they can approve it.  Also I can report on a few changes that have been made since the meeting in September.

Tomorrow night I have AAUW book group meeting here at the library and Gerry has House Committee meeting at the Elks so the babysitter is coming to stay with Wendy.  Today being the last day of the month I will be able to start on a new phase of bookkeeping tomorrow also.  Next will be the end of the year payroll reports and all of that.  At least the fiscal year doesn't end until March 31 so I won't have to be doing that at the same time.

Wendy wants to go to school now so I better close.  As far as Christmas goes for her you might look through the Sears Christmas catalog and then we could order it for you.  One thing which she has been wanting is a typewriter and I know Sears has several varieties of children's typewriters.  Another thing is a Barbie doll house or some other type dollhouse.  If I have any other ideas I will let you know.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album