Thursday, November 25, 2021

1961 Catherine's Letter -Dec.5

 

December 5, 1961
Dear Everybody,

I just got through washing my hair.  It's full of electricity as usual.  Uncle Bill said Granddaddy paid for the bicycle out of the $50.00.  If so I'll keep the check for myself.  Do you plan to celebrate Mother's birthday with anything special?

In the letter Marianne sent me before I came down she said that she took Phys. Ed. for six weeks, art six weeks and music six weeks.  Last six weeks Marianne took Phys. Ed.  You are required to wear a gym suit.  But since I was only going to be here a short time I didn't need one.   This six weeks Marianne  takes music and I stay in Phys. Ed.  So I am going to wear Marianne's gym suit.

I find I have more homework because I have no study halls where at New Vienna I have at least two study halls a day.

I have not read any books except those that are required.  Although we have been playing some cards.
 
All the Horton children, and Grandma and I went swimming on Sunday.  There was an undertow so Grandma wouldn't even let us get wet.  But a big wave came up when I wasn't prepared and got my beautiful new blue swimming suit wet.  I hope the next time we go swimming there won't be an undertow.

Love,
Catherine

P.S. Joe is driving me NUTS.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album