Wednesday, November 10, 2021

1961 Catherine's poastcard & letter -Nov.25,28


Caption: Scenic Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, Florida, showing four of the fabulous Palm Beach Hotels in the background.  To the right can be seen the famous Paddle Queen River Ferry.

Postcard:

[postmarked Nov. 25]

Dear Everybody,

We are here.  I am staying with Marianne.  I've got everything unpacked.  I am going to MYF tonight with Marianne.

Love,
Catherine

Letter:
November 28, 1961
Dear Everybody,

Yesterday was the first day of school.  I went with Marianne and Aunt Mary to register.  We had to go to the new building.  Marianne had to go on to her school or she would be late.  After we had filled out 2 white cards and 4 yellow cards they told us we had filled out too many.  So they tore one up.  It took us one hour and ten minutes.  I am in all Marianne's classes.  They have bells in the band so I even tanke Band.  Aunt Mary bought me a pocket dictionary.

Their MYF here plans to go roller skating on December 1st, go Christmas caroling, & have a Christmas party.  Marianne's room is white, Joe's and Cris's room is blue & Aunt Mary's room is brown.  If I get any important mail, mail it to me.

Love,
Catherine
 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album