Sunday, November 17, 2019

1989 Wendy & 1979 Catherine to John -Sep.30


8/23/89
Dear Uncle John,

How are you?  I'm fine.  School starts on Monday.  I had four babysitting jobs last week.  I have one tomorrow too.  It's plenty hot here.  How's the weather in Ohio?  If you have forgotten my . . . .  [from Wendy]

9-30-89
Wendy wouldn't like me to send this "old" news but she's not here right now.  I think in the final sentence she was going to remind you of her birthday!  Hope yours is a good one!

* * * * *

Sunday, September 30, 1979

Dear John and Carol,

Hi!  Thanks for the post card from St. Thomas and the birthday card for Wendy.  She had a nice birthday - making a mess of the cake and spreading wrapping paper everywhere.  We also went to a Co-op picnic that day so it was a full day. 

How is life going for you two?  Have things settled down pretty much?  I was glad to see your apartment even if it was the rush tour.  You are lucky to have such a nice place.  Ours is much smaller than yours and we are getting kind of tired of the cramped space.  The redeeming factor however is that we don't have to pay rent for it.  And we'll get free heat this winter which will be nice.  Do you have to pay your own heat or is that furnished?  Do I remember seeing a fireplace?  Is that usable?

We hear that you made copies of alot of the pictures that were taken.  We are anxious to see them.  I will enclose a few on the ones I just got back.

This is a busy time of month for us with everyone's rent due and three of the apartments having turnovers means lots of inspections and typing of paperwork.  About half of the landscaping is done now and what a difference that makes.  They put down sod which meant instant grass.  I still had to stake it off to try to keep the kids from disrupting it long enough for the roots to get down into the other soil.  In a few days I'll have to start owing it.

Well, hope you have a good birthday, John.  When is Carol's birthday?  Write to us when you have a chance.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry 
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album