Friday, November 22, 2019

1979 GHU letter to John -Sep.30

Sun. -afternoon
[Sep. 30, 1979]
Dear John - "Happy Birthday"

Here it is about time to send out the special piece of paper.  So I will enclose same & hope it will be put to good use as I am sure you will.

As usual ate dinner with the family & had pork chops, baked potatoes, peas from the garden (frozen), apple sauce, slaw & a surprise of rice candy squares.  We made the remark we only had a piece of Carol's pie that would have tasted very good.

Thanks for the pictures sent, & I am sure there should have been a bill for same so keep that in mind when you come to N.V.  The bridal picture which was in the News J. of Carol was very good.  I cut one out & sent to Aunt Mary.

Mary V. & a friend sang 2 numbers at service this morning which I am sure was enjoyed by all.  Now Carol I didn't forget about you but as you see this is John's special note. 

Love to both of you.
Grandma

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album